A commission may be earned for the purchase of any products on this page.
My New Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler: Stop Worrying and Love the Wine!
Like many people, I also had a hard time keeping my wine at home. The fridge is always stocked up and I don’t have a cellar. Plus, I didn’t want my kids coming across the bottles (the responsible parent that I am!). But what really made me tick was the fact that I had to run to the store every time a guest came over. I reckoned it was about time I bought something to store my wine in and came across the SPT Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler.
At first, I was a little apprehensive about the design, given the black finish and what appears to be a lack of actual space to keep the bottles. The guy at the store was kind enough to give me a complete demonstration of how the thing worked and from there on in, I was hooked. I knew this was what I was looking for. In fact, I was so impressed that I got two of these, one for my friend who was getting married that same week. Turns out, he loves it too!
The thing that attracted me the most about this particular wine cooler was that it can hold up to 18 bottles of wine. For a casual drinker like me, looking to keep a moderate stock at home, that is just about the ideal quantity. Any more than that and my wife would consider throwing me out! So, now I have the option of keeping 18 bottles of wine right here in my home without having to worry at all. The cooler doesn’t allow me to keep the double-sized big bottles but 18 single ones are good enough!
The wine cooler is divided into two zones, as the name suggests. The upper zone is the cooler of the two. Hence, this becomes the one to use if you want a chilly bottle of wine. This doesn’t mean that the lower portion doesn’t keep your wine cool. The bottles are placed on shelves, with each shelf having the capacity to hold three bottles. Simply slide the shelf out, keep the bottles on top and slide it back it. There are five shelves, plus the bottom-most level, which can also house 3 bottles, thus providing you the storage space you need for 18 bottles of wine!
How It Works?
Understanding the operation and functionality of the wine cooler is quite straightforward. The standalone unit can be placed anywhere in your house provided there is an electric outlet nearby. What’s different about this model is that it is completely free of refrigerants. Which is what makes the SPT Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler the perfect ‘green’ option for you. Using it does not cause damage to the environment, something we need to be careful about. Even though I’m no tree hugger, I can brag about doing a little something to minimize my carbon footprint.
Another great aspect of this wine cooler is the noiselessness. You won’t hear the annoying drone or hum you get to hear from the average refrigerator. With the sleek black design, you wouldn’t even know it’s there in the dark. Also, the machine doesn’t vibrate when it’s on. This provides an added layer of safety for the bottles you keep in there. No chance of the glass cracking because of the constant vibrations.
Controlling the settings on the SPT Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler is not a hassle either. There is an LED display upfront that lets you know the temperature inside the cooler. If it is not at the level you want it to be, you can make the necessary adjustment. The controls are digital as well so there is no pulling levers or adjusting knobs to get the machine up and running. As far as the temperature is concerned, you can set it at any level between 45F and 64F.
Goes Well with any Décor
One of the major concerns I had (or rather, my wife had!) was that having a wine cooler in the kitchen or lounge would ruin the overall look and feel of the room. We have put a lot of effort into making our home the place it is today and are picky about the things we bring in. However, the smooth and suave design of the Dual Zone Thermoelectric Cooler managed to impress us both and we have had no qualms about keeping it inside the house.
The unit itself has a sleek black color, which almost gives it a shiny effect. When powered on, the inside of the wine cooler lights up. The soft light creates a great effect which adds to the allure of the room. Once I keep the bottles inside, the picture is complete. Since it is a freestanding machine, you can change the spot you keep it in from time to time.
The Benefits You Get
Believe it or not, there are quite a few more benefits apart from the ones I have described above. I’m trying my best to be impartial when writing this review but I am really impressed by this product.
- Keep Your Merlot, Chardonnay, Shiraz At Hand – With 18 bottles worth of space, you can keep a variety of different wines. As far as I’m concerned, I am a fan of the red stuff so you will find more red wine than white in my cooler. Since I can keep a wide range of wines of different ages, sometimes I get spoilt for choice when deciding to open one. No longer do I have to go to the wine shop or bar to get my wine of choice every time I want to have a drink.
- Let the Wines Age – Though I haven’t had the wine cooler for too long, I do have a couple of wines in there from the beginning that I don’t plan on opening anytime soon. I wanted to let them age a little and give their taste a chance to mature before I decide to pop the cork. Before this I had to find space in the kitchen cabinet, which is always difficult with kids in the house. Now, I can keep my wine for as long as I want!
- Control the Zones Independently – This wine cooler lets you control the temperatures in each zone independently. I can set different thermostats for the zones depending on the wines I have placed inside. I have been using the internet to do some research on the best temperatures to store wine. As it turned out, I found that certain wines require a certain temperature for storage. So I adjust the temperature according to the wines I have kept in the two zones to ensure they are in the best possible environment.
- Impress Your Guests – One thing I learned after buying this cooler is that I could entertain and impress my guests in a better way. Almost everyone who has seen my wine cooler loved it. Plus, I can show off my collection of wines which does get me brownie points. I know some people who are wine connoisseurs and I have been trying to get them to buy the wine cooler as well.
- No Need for a Wine Cellar – Wine does not like sunlight. This is why wine is usually stored in a cellar. However, not all of us have homes big enough to build a cellar inside. I had to make do with the limited space I have and found that this unit turned out to be the ideal size for me. If you are facing the same dilemma, don’t hesitate to buy one for yourself as well. After all, why spend thousands of dollars on a wine cellar when you can get a top-of-the-line wine cooler for a couple of hundred bucks.
Order Your Wine Cooler Now
If you like what you see about the SPT Dual Zone Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, you should consider placing your order right away. You can order one online and receive it at your home within the week. Depending on where you buy it from, you can get this wine cooler for around $200. It measures about five feet in height with a weight of 40lbs therefore making it quite portable. Sunpentown (SPT) is a reliable brand when it comes to wine coolers so you needn’t worry about the quality and reliability you get from your wine cooler.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are tired of having to go through much hassle to keep wine at home, this dual zone wine cooler is the perfect solution. With my wine cooler, I learned to stop worrying about the wine and just enjoy it!
CLICK HERE to place your order today. Cheers!
Note: I'm an affiliate for most of the products promoted on this website. If you click on a link that leads you to make a purchase, I may earn a commission. While this is common practice, I like to write this on every page of my website in order to be as up front and honest as possible with all of my visitors.